Thursday, January 11, 2018

We will understand it better bye and bye...



Job 30:15 Terrors are turned upon me; my honor is pursued as by the wind, and my prosperity has passed away like a cloud.

When you read through these chapters in Job in which you see this verse, it becomes quite clear just how anguished Job was over his troubles.  It is equally clear that he had no idea of why all this troubles had come.  There is no indication that he ever learned why his life had been so upset with calamity, so we see him trying to run down his list of potential reasons yet not being able to come to any conclusion.  It has reminded me again that what God allows in my life may have been allowed for reasons unknown to me but not to God.  My comfort and my confidence must remain securely planted in God.  “We’ll understand it better bye and bye…”

No comments:

Post a Comment