Friday, November 24, 2017

People pleaser?



Galatians 1:10b If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Paul the Apostle learned “the hard way”, to so speak, that his salvation from sin did not come by merely obeying a set of rules.  It took a special revelation from God to get him to see and understand that salvation is a matter of the heart and spirit rather than one of physical and mental effort.  He could not truly serve God until he understood that principle.  For a people-pleaser such as me, this is an important lesson to learn.  As someone whose personality makes me want to be and do things to make the people around me approve of me and like me, I need a constant reminder that my first and foremost responsibility is to please God.  In a society that is growing further and further from godly principles, it becomes more and more challenging to stand for the Truth of the gospel and be a strong servant of Christ as Paul became, so this verse is a powerful message to me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment